Saturday, December 20, 2008

Painted Ornaments

I love when I stumble into a craft project. I'm not looking for it but it just finds me. I found these plain clay ornaments at hob lob a few days ago and they were 50 cents each. I took six and then laid them aside for a few days, not sure of how I'd use them. But as is typical of me, I couldn't sleep that night because I was thinking up different designs that I could paint on each star. To be fair, I gave one to each of the girls and let them do what they wanted on it. I think I'll make it a yearly tradition for them and eventually we'll have a whole tree just of the painted stars. I had a wonderful time painting my stars and loved how they turned out. Elle was very proud of hers too! Ava painted and enjoyed it for about 27.8 seconds before she tired of the process. Oh well...I am learning to chill out of these craft projects and everyone is much happier!

Elle's ornament
Ava's ornament

My ornaments...I think the multi-colored dot one is my favorite.


1 comment:

Just Me said...

I agree--the multi-dot is my fave, too!