We went to our neighbor's little girl's 3rd birthday a few days ago. They had it at the bowling alley. I'm not one to turn down free food, free cake and free bowling! Okay, I would have gone anyway, but it sure was nice to pretty much have a family date night for free! Anyway, the little kids got to bowl on one lane and the big kids on another. I was the only girl that wanted to bowl and Shawn, and two other male neighbors bowled also....so of course, I had a lot to prove and extreme competitiveness came out in me. First, let me start by saying that I had stated in front of all of them that "I'll be lucky if I break 100." I really did mean that but I guess my bowling ball had other plans. To make a long story short, I beat all of them...yep, all three big ol' guys. I scored a 133 and Shawn was 2nd with a 115. Can I just say that was a wonderful moment in my life. I truly live for beating men at ANYthing. Ahhhhh, that was so great! They just kind of looked disgusted with the scoring. But, I do have a theory as to why I won, (other than the fact that I rock). All those guys were using balls that seemed WAY too heavy for them. (I think their manly ego got in the way of common sense so they picked one of the heaviest balls to bowl with. ) I will say Shawn was the exception...his was just right, but he still lost to me so all is right in the world.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Way to go Emma! And just what did the winner win? Bragging rights are always the best!
i knew you were my bff for a reason! way to go!! beatin' the men - ahhh, sit back and enjoy. :)
Post a Comment