For some reason I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy right now and it's not the non-alcoholic grape juice from last night. It could be the 70 degree weather and prickly legs though. Yeah, that's probably it. All the Christmas decorations have been neatly packed away, the "normal" decorations are back out, the little green fake pine needles have been vacuumed up, and all the pictures have been loaded onto the hard drive. Everything is in order ( that is a dangerous statement to make, I've found, because about the time you say that, all heck breaks loose!) Anyway, I am really excited for this new year...I don't know if it's my old age talking, but I'm feeling more mature on my outlook. This year, I'm not trying to rush for anything to happen. It's the first year that I haven't gone into it holding my breath and just hoping to come out at the other end alive. I'm planning to just take each day as it comes and find the positive, laughable, sweet moments that are hidden in each day. I can't wait to see what is in store for our family. Lord willing, Elle will start Kindergarten and Ava will be potty trained and talking in a totally understandable language by the end of this year. Most likely this year a decision will have been made as to whether two is perfect or three is even better. It will be wonderful whatever happens. Two new projects I'll be working on this year: #1 I will be trying one new food each week of the year. I am going to make a small scrapbook about our culinary journey and I'm excited about that. To define the "new" food it has to be something I've never bought at the grocery store, or something I've never eaten. The second project is a 365 scrapbook meaning, I'm going to take one snapshot every day, probably mostly abstract of our random dailiness and then make a scrapbook from those things. I have wanted to do something like this for a few years, but never did because it seemed too daunting. I've found a kit that hopefully I'll be able to order soon, and it will organize all of that for me. Hope you take this year to grow closer to God, nurture your relationships with people, and find the good in whatever is put on your plate....unless it's sauerkraut.(Niko)
Oh and also, we made a big change for two major tight-wades. We went organic with milk. It was $5 a gallon which is painful, but with two girls, we felt like it was a small price to pay for fewer hormones in their systems....anyone with girls knows that the last thing they need is more hormones!

4 comments:
Braum's sells milk without rBGH or whatever that bovine hormone is. It is cheaper than $5-- And you should go for the third! Easy for me to say with five, I know, but it will be fun! I would be so excited for you! Have a good year!
Happy new year! I would love to know what kit you're using. I've wanted to do this as well, but just haven't actually set my mind to it.
It's from Creating Keepsakes and it's the kit of the month, but the problem is that they had WAY more people want one than they were expecting so they are out of stock right now...they are hoping to get more though. check the website. I will be checking mutiple times until they have it back in because I didn't get to get one. It went on sell today and was sold out in a few hours :(
Brandee...we don't have a Braums here :(
great post, for multipule reasons. interesting read, made me feel warm and fuzzy too. :) good choice on the milk. sometimes "you get what you pay for" is worth it.
Post a Comment