Sunday, March 29, 2009

4 Holidays in 1

I went to Tyler on Wednesday as a gift to Shawn for his birthday. He got to stay at the house all by himself from Wed at lunch until Saturday at dinner. He thoroughly enjoyed it but was glad when we returned home. While in Tyler, we celebrated my dad's birthday, my daughter's birthday, Valentines, and Easter. There has been a full explosion of sugar! We definitely indulged our taste buds! For my dad's birthday we had shrimp fettuccine alfredo and yellow cake with homemade chocolate icing. It was all yummy. We also went and saw Gramme on Thursday and ate with her too. They sure do love their Gramme! I wished we could have spent more time with her...I'm counting down till all the grandparents retirement...if that every happens! The girls had a stupendous time in Tyler and whined the whole way home about having to leave Tyler. To say the trip home wasn't good would be an understatement. But, we did make it and now comes the bragging sappy section about my husband. This is what I came home too:
1. a clean house (vacuumed too!)
2. my favorite candle burning
3. a norah jones CD playing
4. his laundry done
5. dinner in the works
6. Big Red sodas to drink (soda is a luxury as of late)
7. more icecream that I love since he had eaten the rest of the other gallon
8. a sweet homemade note
9. shawn sitting on the curb waiting for us
He did a WONDERFUL job!!! After the bad trip back, it was exactly what I needed. I couldn't have asked for anything more! It made all the stress of my arguing children slide right off! I am so so so thankful for him and how good he is to me. :)

Okay back to regular programming. While in Tyler, we walked some of the Azalea Trail. IT.WAS.AMAZING. I forget how beautiful it is in Tyler during the Spring. It really made me just thank God over and over for all of the things He created for me that aren't "necessary." Like the flowers . They are just decoration for us humans to see and think looks pretty. He didn't have to make such beautiful stuff but He did and I loved it! I took about a gazillion pictures but I'll try to pair it down to a few for your viewing pleasure. It was good to go, but it's so nice to be back home. I am ready for spring and early summer! Enjoy the pictures.


Stopped on the way to Tyler for obligatory bluebonnet picture.

Cousins

Love how this picture turned out!

This picture cracks me up....how random can you get, but so cute and Ava loved it!







This was my favorite azalea.

Gramme reading to the girls.



Ava and Gramme cover their eyes and count while Elle hid.

Shopping trip to Claires for Elle's bday presents. Elle was in heaven!

This isn't lippie...it's the leftovers from a hotpink cookie.


Make a wish Poppie!






Make a wish Elle...these were trick candles which the girls had never heard of before. I have some HILARIOUS! pictures of the looks on the girls faces when they lit back up over and over....HILARIOUS!

3 comments:

the campbell family said...

What beautiful pictures of such beautiful girls! I especially loved the one of Elle and Ava together, and the one with Ava and the dogs, that was too cute! Glad you had such a great trip - and tell Shawn we said he totally rocks!

Lisa said...

I love Elle's hair in the braided pigtails! Sounds like you guys had a great time!

Anonymous said...

We did have a full sugar trip didn't we?! I think my mouth looked kinda like Ava's! Ha, Love, Mom