I'm not sure what to really call it...I think it's more of a vanity. We bought it from our neighbor a few months ago for $20 and it's the best bargain I've ever gotten. We knew that as the girls got older, and really we were thinking Elle, that she would need something besides the tiny bathroom to get ready with. The bathroom has bad lighting and no space so when I saw this I had to have it. Anyway after a lot of work on Shawn's part and a lot of crackin the whip on my part, it's done! We are so so so happy with the outcome. As much as I wanted to paint it pink again, it didn't match with the colors already in Elle's room so we went with white. The mirror in the middle is special to me because it's the mirror I've had since high school. It's moved with me since I got married! It was sitting behind the door of the laundry room for the past 2 years because the house already had a mirror in the master bedroom I could use. So finally it had a use. Anyway, here's the final product and both girls absolutely love it!
Shawn striped it, sanded it, sanded it some more, and took off the side mirror and all the knobs. Then he painted it using a sprayer he borrowed from a friend...made the job MUCH easier! Then he striped all the paint of the old hinges since they are so old that there's nothing like them anymore. Then he reattached the mirrors on the sides, had glass cut for the center, and bought new glass knobs for the drawers. It was A LOT OF WORK, but then all furniture stripping jobs are like that.
AFTER

Loving this contact paper! I've had it for quite a while just waiting for the right project to present itself!
1 comment:
Way to go Shawn it looks great. You and Emma are so creative.
Post a Comment