Friday, August 21, 2009
Meet the Teacher
Last night was meet the teacher at Elle's school. We were all humming with nerves and excitement. Elle started off just a little quieter than usual and answering questions in a very low voice, but by the time we left, she was truly about 15 feet in front of us, skipping down the halls, arms waving to the sides, singing "I looooove school!" Such a cute moment. We LOVE her teacher! Her name is Mrs. Hale and she likes to decorate with cows. She has been teaching Kindergarten for 28 years!!! That made me feel so so so at ease with sending Elle. Everyone that hears that Elle has Mrs. Hale gets a big smile on their face because she obviously has a reputation for being pretty great! She really works with them on reading and I have been told that she has them reading by Christmas. I loved her room decor...if you've ever seen my classrooms or have seen my craft room now, you know I like a busy decor. She has that same decor and I LOVE IT! We are all just so so so thrilled that this has worked out as it has. I did get that tight throat feeling as we were waiting at the doors of the school before we could go in, but I took some deep breathes and calmed myself and managed to NOT cry at all....Monday will probably be a different story. It's such a bittersweet time in our lives. My firstborn is taking that first big step to independence....but our firstborn, our BABY!, will be in someone elses care for seven hours a day!!!!!! But, mostly it's a sweet feeling. I think her brain is probably going to increase to 4 times its size right now just during Kindergarten. So many new things will be learned and I've never seen a more ready child! Pray for us on Monday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment