Monday, August 24, 2009

Kindergarten Rocks

We have officially taken our firstborn to her first day of school....and survived. As I sit here, we have about 1 1/2 hours left till we get her back and I am so anxious to hear all about the whole day! I am hoping that she comes home happy and not feeling overwhelmed or too exhausted. She had blueberry muffins this morning for breakfast per her request. Then the morning went very quickly. Shawn, Elle, Ava, and I headed out the door around 7:35. We all walked her to her classroom. I did okay all through the putting the backpack up and the lunch bag up but when the teacher said "Okay Elle, give them one last hug before they have to go" I got a little frantic (at least in my head.) WAIT!!! I'M NOT READY!!! That's what my brain was screaming. But I acted perfectly calm, we all hugged and Elle headed into class. As we started walking back down the hall, the ugly chin quiver began. I took some deep breathes and managed to only use one Kleenex for the tears and nose-blowing. A lady that knew Shawn started talking to us and talked all the way out to the car and that helped take my mind off of things. Then we went straight to the donut place to feed our sorrow and Ava's belly. I've been fine ever since but can't wait to hear how her first day went. I am so proud of how confident she was today! :)

Goodbye playmate!

Soothing the sorrow, one carb at a time.

Being a preschooler rocks!!!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

I'm so glad it went well! Elle looks so cute and excited. This will be a great year for y'all, and Ava will love the one-on-one time she gets to spend with her parents. Make sure to tell us all about what Elle had to say about her first day of school!

the campbell family said...

Hooray Elle! I knew she would do great, and you did better than I thought you would. Riley had his first day of 1st grade and said it was super! Chad asked if I cried and I said, "this ain't my first rodeo" - I think he forgot how old his nephew was :)

gramme said...

I can't believe she has actually had her first day but she was so cute and excited talking to her this afternoon. I can tell she is all about the social part.