Thursday, October 22, 2009

Burn Ban Lifted?

I've been praying a lot in the last months that God would please send rain so that the burn ban could be lifted so that eventually we could go back to camping. We refuse to camp without a fire! But, I didn't mean for Him to send rain that would sweep away the campsites, picnic tables and firewood too! Oh well, Ava and I had lots of fun this morning in our rainboots down at the park sloshing through the gift God sent us!

There is a low water bridge crossing somewhere under all that!

Those trees are suppose to be near the edge of the river...not in the middle.



This is the look I got when for the 10th time I said we were not playing on the playground.

Picnic anyone?


There is a little bench just past the right fence post that is maybe within 10 feet of the edge of the river...not going to rest there today.

Again another view of the lower water bridge. We tried to wait to see this big chunk of wood head down the river but it just was stuck there.
It was funny because it looked like half the city had come out to gawk. People were bringing kids and cameras and all just gawking....it was almost like a city event...too bad no one was selling cotton candy.


2 comments:

gramme said...

Wow! The Lord's creation is awesome. Glad you and Ava had fun together at the park.

the campbell family said...

We went to Lake O' The Pines to gawk a couple of weeks ago. The floodgates were open and the fish were literally jumping out of the water! But it's pretty awesome to watch - even if we are tired of the rain!