I've had a goal since 1992 and it's even on my bucket list; to see U2 in concert one day. Well that day came yesterday! Back in the Spring we found out that U2 would be touring again and I told Shawn that that was all I wanted for my birthday this year. We ordered the tickets and then waited for October to roll around. Little did we know that I'd be pregnant when it was time for the concert and we certainly didn't have a clue that I would have any complications come up. After debating all weekend over whether to go and trying to rest as much as possible, we decided to go for it! I am so glad we did! Although I had to take it very easy at the concert, it was wonderful. We were actually quite close to the band and could have been right up against the stage, except that I knew I wouldn't be able to stand for hours on end....really I don't know anyone that can do that, but some people can because they did! Anyway, the concert was amazing and it was everything I had hoped it would be. Bono sang a lot of his really good but older songs which was wonderful. The Dallas Cowboys stadium was HUGE and there were SO many people there, but really it didn't feel that packed. The music was LOUD to say the least. Pretty sure we did some permanent damage to our ears. Baby did well throughout and thankfully, I didn't cause any more problems to myself by being there. Thanks Shawn for an awesome 31st birthday and for doing all the driving! Now I need to talk him into letting me skydive for my 32nd birthday.

Stadium was HUGE!!!
waiting...and waiting...and waiting....opening band came on 30 minutes late...Boo!
No event I go to in complete without me getting cotton candy...and it was SOOO good as usual.

My Bono appears....keep it together Emma...don't cry...shawn will make fun of you.

We really were very close to the stage!



Shawn said I sat like this for a good 20 minutes after Bono came on.

One last look at my favorite band, before we head home.
1 comment:
Glad y'all had a safe trip and enjoyed the concert. Also, I'm glad you got all those clothes - hope you get some good use from them. Love you!
Post a Comment