Okay, well that's kind of how my day has gone this morning. Yes, I'm dramatic. I come by it honestly, because my dad knows how to dramatically tell a story too. This morning we were suppose to find out what this baby is. As you can tell by the story that didn't happen. The doctor did three different ultrasounds trying as hard as she could to tell what it was. The baby just wasn't lying quite right. She could see sort of between the legs, but not good enough to give us a 100% answer. She said she was 95% sure but that's not good enough for me. She advised us not to tell what her 95% guess was because she was just sort of iffy on it and didn't want everyone thinking it was for sure one thing and then it be another.
I am beyond disappointed. I will say I made it to the car before I started crying so there's my feat for the day. I have been saying for weeks though that I was sure that for whatever reason, we wouldn't be able to tell today. I think it's because there has been so many unexpected and upsetting things happen in this pregnancy that I just prepared for more disappointment. Now I will have to wait three, count them, three more weeks for the next ultrasound. MAYBE, this child will be in a better position by then and we'll finally be able to say.
Onto the good news, which it's hard to be excited about because I'm just so disappointed! But it is wonderful news. My placenta has moved all the way to the top of the womb now and is completely out of the way. The complications I was having seem to have gone away and she did a lot of measurement and looking at body organ and structure and every single thing she looked at was perfect. I am thankful for that, but I need to swim in my disappointment a little longer before getting out and drying off.
So there's the news for today. I feel sort of numb because of all the excitement I put into this day and how sorely disappointed I am. I really hope that this child is getting out all it's orneriness now before it's born because it has already put me through A LOT!

8 comments:
It's a boy.
P.S. we think you should ignore your doctor's advice and tell us what she said it was a 95% chance of it being.
ditto on both of Lesley's comments!
ditto on the above. You should at least share with family.
ditto on the above. You should at least share with family.
Sorry people. If I have to wait 3 weeks, so does everyone else. If you want to chip in together for me to get a $100 4-D ultrasound before then, I'll schedule the appointment and let you know as soon as they figure it out.
and even if the doctor hadn't advised that, I still wouldn't tell till I was certain.
I think it is a boy and he is just starting his oneriness?? He'll be the one to make Shawn pay for his raising.. Whatever IT is we are ready to spoil another grandbaby.
Mamaw and Papaw
Post a Comment