It is finally finished! The girls' room has been a work in and out of progress for a while now. We made one final push this weekend to finish it up. Originally, we thought we were done about the time Levi's nursery was done....the girls were disappointed when they saw there room. They said that Levi's room was so pretty and cute and they were sad because theirs was "boring." They had a point and it kind of bothered me after that but I just figured it would have to do. As the reality of a new baby got closer and closer, and I knew that they may have a little identity crisis when he got here so I asked Shawn if he was up to painting just one wall of their room...and pink at that! I knew exactly how to get to the heart of my girls and and I knew just what they needed in order to love their room. So this past Friday, we bought the paint, "Blooming Fuchsia," and Shawn had it knocked out in no time. I purchased bulletin boards and began painting those...that little craft project took about 3 times longer than it took Shawn to paint the wall...but it was all worth it. When Elle came home from school on Friday, Shawn brought her upstairs and we surprised her with the makeover. Both girls were so much fun to watch as they let it soak in that they really had a pink wall!!! They loved it and I know it made them feel so special. We are so glad we got to do this little thing for them. One of the most important things to me as a parent is doing things for my kids so that they feel very special and very loved by us. I think we accomplished that this weekend! I can't finish this post without bragging on Shawn. I did a lot of the creative thinking and he did almost all of the muscle work. It was a lot of work and I'm so thankful that he was totally on board to do this and was just as excited as me, to surprise our girls.
Here's Elle's reaction upon noticing the color
I love this picture. She moved closer to see the color better and I love Shawn's big smile in the background.
4 comments:
That's a gorgeous pink! Their bulletin boards are so cute, and I'm completely in love with the bunk beds! I want to get white furniture for our room, it's so fresh and pretty. Riley wants a bunk bed so bad but we don't have room in this house :(
One last push...how appropriate. Good job, Shawn. It looks great! Maybe you and Chad should have a contest to see how many gallons of paint each of you has painted in the last couple of years.
That last comment was Lesley, btw. I am at my mom's house and she was signed in. :)
Love it Shawna and Emma, you are going to go down in history as great parents! love, Mom
Post a Comment