Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mod Podge

Yesterday I entered a new little avenue of crafting...Mod Podging.
I've heard all about it and knew how it worked, but never really had a time when I really needed it until a few days ago. To make a long story short, I need a clipboard once Levi gets here to keep track of nursing, peeing and pooping. I had a boring brown clipboard and I wanted to spice it up. I went onto etsy and found some ideas I liked and read how they did it and copied! I sure do love etsy! Anyway here's the final product:
I absolutely love how it turned out. Altogther it costs the price of 2 pieces of scrapbook paper, a clipboard (which I already had) and Mod Podge which I bought with a 40% off coupon. VERY CHEAP and fun fun fun results.

In other news, I also made Elle a toothfairy pillow last week from some left over material. She loved it so much that she took it to show and tell on Friday (my heart just about burst from my chest I was so glad she loved it that much :) Our toothfairy wanted their pillows to hang from a door knob that way she didn't wake up sleeping children, or have to climb onto a top bunk. :) Here it is:

More craft stuff to post soon. I am working on 12 burp cloths for Levi and I love every single one of them! I had a lot of fun picking out fabric and ribbon. Can't wait to see the finished products! Wish those type of burp cloths had been around when I had Elle..no one was really doing that back then. Have a crafty Wednesday!

1 comment:

the campbell family said...

I recognize that material! I can't wait to show Mom the pics of took of the burp cloths you made me. I already wrapped em or I'd show her the real thing. They are so cute, I know she's going to love them!