On Friday, Shawn took the girls for a hike to "The Lost Pond." It's a little pond that can be seen from a bridge, but doesn't really have a trail to get to it. The girls think we've taken them to a whole other world when they go there. I don't think many have gone to it before so we always feel like it's our little secret, even though you can sort of see it from the road. This was a real treat for them. They had the best time doing nothing but throwing rock after rock after rock into that pond. Elle found some fossils in the rocks that she immediately declared would be going to show and tell with her this coming Friday.


On Saturday, we knew the weather was going to be freezing and very windy so we took the girls to the bowling alley. This was another very special treat for them. This is definitely a treat trip because it gets expensive! They had a wonderful time of course but about 6 frames in, all they wanted to do was eat....bowling is a little bit mundane to them. Being the amazing parents that we are, we.endured.Ci.Ci's.pizza. This was the holy grail of sacrifices for me...I just do not like this place at all. But I will say, I think it has moved above Gatti's on the places to eat list. Gatti's is off the list all together. Eww Eww Eww. Anyway, they were so so excited to go eat at Ci Ci's pizza.





1 comment:
Riley likes to "bowl" too. Which is code for "I wanna go spend all yours AND Mamaw's money to play games, just so I can get tickets and bring home a lot of worthless crap (that gets thrown in the trash)". I'm not big on useless clutter around my house, but I always wait til he's at school to clean out his stuff :)
Did Levi enjoy his first bowling experience? And last...I can't take Riley to CiCi's. Can't. Do. It. Period. That makes me a bad Mom, doesn't it?
Post a Comment