Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Elle's Special 6th Birthday
There aren't many six year olds that get to have an amazing birthday party in a hospital! At least that was what I told Elle when we realized that that's where she'd be celebrated. We held our breath and hoped that she took the bait...and she did! When we realized Thursday afternoon that I was most likely in labor, one of the first things I thought of was her birthday. I am really big on that being a very special day for my kids. I knew that we needed to plan to make it special since we were going to have to postpone her party that she had been so excited about. So, we gently laid out the idea that she'd have an amazing party at the hospital and it helped that she understood that she'd still get to have her original party, just a few weeks later than scheduled. So on Friday, Shawn and I did some planning. I sent Shawn home with a list of things to get and prepare. He bought helium balloons, plates, napkins (that by the way said 50! on them...they were left over from my MIL's birthday a few years ago and Shawn didn't realize that they had 50 on them...he saw flowers on the other side--too funny!) cupcakes, and pizza. My mom's job was to get all of the presents we had bought for Elle and wrap them up really pretty. Then we'd all met at my room for a wonderful party. Saturday morning, Shawn decorated the room with balloons and a small banner. My parents brought up all the presents and cupcakes. Shawn ordered pizza. The party started. I think Elle felt really special. Levi took a back seat and we made at least the next hour all about her. My heart still breaks just a little that her 6th birthday party had to be postponed, but she was very gracious about "sharing" her day with her new brother. And if all else fails, she gets TWO birthday parties out of this unplanned event!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
They look precious with their bouquets. It makes me sad to think that one day they will be all decked out in real wedding attire. I am SO not prepared for that to happen :)
Post a Comment