Sunday, December 05, 2010

Christmas Stroll X's 2

Friday afternoon, all the first graders from Elle's school sang on the square here in town for a kick off to the yearly Christmas Stroll on the square. Of course we went and were so proud of her...even though we couldn't see her for 99.6 % of the time that she was one stage. Who puts a really tall big boy on the front row? Seriously? Anyway, we still had a great time and enjoyed watching her participate in it. Elle and her friend Riley before they went on stage...everyone was VERY excited!

Okay so maybe not everyone was excited...but Elle and her friend were!
On Saturday we headed back to the square for the official Christmas Stroll and got to watch a REALLY long parade of mostly people advertising businesses and boyscout troops....pretty sure I'm going to send a letter to the city and see if they can rethink how they decide who's in the parade. We won't go back again if they do it like this again. There weren't really anything closely resembling floats and I guess if you had a jingle bell around your neck or a Santa's hat on, of if you just wore red or green, you were in! Anyway, after that, we headed around and looked at some of the vendors and got some "fair" food to eat. We had to leave before we really got to explore though because Levi was upon nap time, getting tired, and we still had a Christmas party to go to that night so we wanted him and the girls to be somewhat well rested. We knew we'd be staying out late. This was by far the busiest weekend in a long time and I had fun...and I'm glad it's over! Next weekend is looking nice and calm and then traveling begins! We are all set for Christmas now and just enjoying each magical day! I think on the schedule tonite is driving around and looking at lights. LOVE IT!

If I were to have a motorcycle, and I won't, this is what it would look like at Christmas :)

My girls on the left

I nursed Levi for over 30 minutes and we still had plenty of time to see the parade...I feel like I should do a scrapbook page of all the places I've nursed him...IT'S EVERYWHERE!


Shawn and I want to own a car like this one day.

Our friend David, who goes to church with us, is also a policeman and he has a great sense of humor :) (hope that's true if he ever pulls me over!)

This picture is great for so many reasons...I love the colors, I love the "snow" and I love that just about everyone is wearing summer attire at a Christmas Parade.

Couldn't leave without getting some kettle corn. Levi was getting pretty annoyed with me because I wouldn't share and he kept reaching his hand towards the open bag.

1 comment:

Faith said...

I'm so glad you all had a great time at the Stroll! My favorite part was the snowblower too. So cool to see the children's faces when they saw the snow falling near the candy cane arch!!