Tuesday, April 10, 2012

All Partied Out

Since this past Thursday, I've made 5 small cakes, 48 cupcakes, 24 easter birds nest (chow mein and chocolate dessert), a crazy good Giada dessert, and used 7 containers of icing. I'm pretty much all baked out--and all partied out too! It has been a wonderful weekend and everything went absolutely smoothly. But, I am also very relieved that today, I'm officially done thinking about birthdays until September! Below is the picture of the cupcakes I made for Elle's class today. I was informed late last night by Elle that "All the other parents bring their kids cupcakes to eat during recess, right after lunch." Mind you, I hosted Bunco at my house last night, which meant their was no way I could get to the store last night and make them. Also note that I am babysitting a sweet 5 week old every day this week from around 7:30-4:30. So, I just put on a happy face and headed to the store as soon as I dropped Elle off at school today and made 24 cupcakes faster than I've ever made cupcakes and had them at her school by 11:15 this morning. And...it was totally worth the effort to see a sweet little 8 year old smile! (as well as all the other kids in her class who I thought were going to have a nervous breakdown when they saw the cupcakes!) Tonite, we are taking her to Super Salad and a yogurt place we've never been. And then...we, meaning I, shall pass out from over-partying it!

Ava being my helper with sweet little Allie
Levi being my laundry helper. He has really gotten in to "helping" me with chores lately and it's so sweet.
Levi taking after his mommy...trying to get a few good shots of Allie :)

No comments: