Today was first Sunday which means we have a potluck after our morning service and then a short devo after that. So we had the evening to do as we pleased...so I ran a 5K! It was called the Round Rock Rotary Reindeer Run and it was set up to be run after dark through a light display that was 1.5 miles long. It was interesting to run at night, but I think I prefer daytime....really morning, when I'm the most full of energy! I did learn a valuable thing about running today...it's not the best idea to not hydrate, not eat a little something, and not work out for a full week before the race....those three things really made the race harder than it should have been for me. But the weird thing is that even though I had to walk a few times, I still beat my time from a week ago's Turkey Trot. Weird, but I'll take it! I must have been trucking it. It doesn't hurt that my best friend Valerie ran it with me and she's a powerful and fast runner! If you ever need encouragement while doing hard stuff, she's GREAT to have with you :) Anyway here's a few pictures from the race...and the camera refused to take a picture of me when I crossed the finish line so you'll just have to imagine the pained and desperate look that I'm sure was on my face.
Valerie, Sherry, and Me...running buddies.
Twinkies
Just getting started and all smiles!
She did awesome and would have finished faster but she stayed with me most of the time!
Look at all that liquid awesomeness...we shouldn't be sweating this much on December 2nd. *sigh*
The cutest little reindeer friends ever... they tag teamed each other in a kid version of the race where I think they did 1/4 mile. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment