Saturday, December 22, 2012

Girl Scout Ceremony

Monday night, our girls were scheduled to have their first official girl scout ceremony. We all were eager and excited for this event....until Ava got sick over the weekend. We hoped she would be fine by Monday, but the fever was stubborn. So, unfortunately she had to miss her ceremony. Elle felt great though, so Levi and I went to cheer her on and watch her get her Girl Scout pin. The decision to put both girls in Girl Scouts has been a great decision and though we've only experienced a few months of it so far, I am SO very thankful we are doing this and look forward to making great memories and good friends! Here's a few pictures of the evening.
 





Since Ava had a fever and couldn't go, I had Shawn put her apron on her and when I got home, I gave her all of her patches and pins she'd earned and told her about why she was getting them. 
 Then I gave her the best surprise!  There was quite a bit of cookie cake left over from her ceremony and the troop leader sent it home with me!!!  JACKPOT! 

No comments: