Sunday, December 16, 2012

Photo-Worthy

I haven't posted much lately, but frankly, there really hasn't been much to post about!  But, I'm pretty sure with 9 days till Christmas, the camera is about to get some use again, which means the blog probably will too.  Sickness visited the family this weekend.  Shawn and I were all set to run the Zombie 5K, which cost us a pretty non-refundable-not-transferable-no-exceptions penny, on Saturday morning...and wouldn't you know, we had two kids wake up sick....couldn't have picked another day...nope this was the one they wanted.  So we had to sit by watching the time pass and seeing our money float right on down the drain without a single thing we could do about it.  Lesson learned...no more expensive non-refundable 5K's until sick kids can fend for themselves if needed.  It was a painful lesson.  So, to cheer ourselves up, and because by around 11am (30 minutes after the race started) our kids were acting like they'd never been sick at all, I decided that after naps, the whole family was getting all spiffied up and going to Chuy's for dinner, as a way for Shawn and me to lick our wounds, so to speak. Shawn, Elle and I all got showers and dressed up cute and then went to get the other two sickies up from naps.  Well....wouldn't you know, the kids woke up from their naps with Ava having a fever again and Levi not seeming quite right either.  Yet again, plans are dashed...so Shawn, who gets major brownie points for this, told me and Elle to go have a girl's night and just bring him some take-out back!  So Elle and I headed out of that sickie house and had ourselves a little girl's night at Chuy's.  I think most of the conversation consisted of her giggling about nothing and playing with the scarf I let her borrow....maturity comes slowly I guess. It was still fun to go and spend time with her and have conversations that were uninterrupted by a 6 and 2 year old.  Here's our pre-date photo.
Today, I woke up full up hope that all would be well and we'd all get to worship together....the kids had other plans.  Both Ava and Levi woke up still not quite right.  Ava has been carrying a low-grade fever and Levi is nauseated, but thankfully not throwing up.  We had signed up to host the devo at our house tonite....which has now been moved up to the church building, which is a total bummer because I love hosting things.  But, I still got everything prepared food-wise and sent it with Shawn.  Here's a photo of the cupcakes I made for tonite.  I just think they are the cutest things...but I can't take all the credit...the idea came from none other than Pinterest of course!  I saved back three of them for Ava, Levi and me to eat tonite while we watch Christmas movies and wait for the rest of the family to return. 
Signed,
Making the best of a really unfair weekend

No comments: