Saturday, October 05, 2013

Marathon Date Weekend

Paul and Carolyn came down this weekend and took our kids Friday afternoon until Saturday afternoon.
 It was glorious!  I mean, I'm happy that my kids had some great quality time with them, but seriously Shawn and I were giddy to have that much time together!  While the kids were eating all kinds of candy and pizza and watching TV and swimming in a hotel, Shawn and I were able to go on THREE dates!  We ate sushi last night at a place called Zushi Sushi,
walked around downtown Gtown, and headed to Cherry Berry.  This was Shawn's first attempt at sushi (and only my second) and I'm happy to say that we both LOVED it!  Of course, we didn't do raw fish, but we did have smoked salmon, crab, and fried shrimp. This morning we woke up and headed to Starbucks to start our morning,
then went garage saleing all.morning.long (with a few fun yet random buys) and ended with sharing a meal at Bush's Chicken.  It's amazing how efficient going out can be when there aren't any kids!  It's funny to look at the picture above of Papaw, Carolyn and the kids and how bright eyed everyone looked, and how exhausted everyone looked today when they brought them back!  I felt a tiny bit guilty for how unexhausted we felt but mostly just very thankful that they did this for us.  Of course the kids were on cloud 9 upon returning with all kinds of little goodies that Paul and Carolyn bought for them.

 A few of our garage sale "treasures"...I am ALWAYS on the look out for quirky costumey things and this was magnificent and somehow fits me like.a.glove.  $2

Lots of VHS's and a VCR....FREE!

A whopping 25 cents for these shoes for Ava
 I also bought a twin sheet set that was perfect for a future party I'm doing (I'll make them into table covers) for $1.50 and 2 plastic craft boxes for the girls for a total of 30 cents.  ROCK ON!!!

1 comment:

Nikolai & Shawnette said...

That looks like a perfect dress to wear while walking around Paris!