Maybe you're scratching your head and wondering what's so special about February 15th? This day signifies the end of the holiday season for me and a good long stretch of nothing to celebrate that involves decorations and/or activities (well...if you don't include April Fool's Day, but that one gives me lots of pleasure with no decorations involved!) Anyway, it all starts in late September and goes till February 14th. I am so glad to be D.O.N.E. with all of this! I do love decorating and I like making it special for my kids, but seriously, I'm pretty much over it at this point. I still have to plan and execute two birthday parties in the next two months, but at least that's just a one day decoration thing.
Anyway, for Valentine's last night, as much as I didn't want to make my own dinner, I equally didn't want to deal with the crazy crowds with my kids and spend lots of money on a meal that took too long to get to us and then having to tip a waitress enough money that I could have bought my family a gallon of ice cream. Anyway we stayed home and had a feast of chicken and beef fajitas which was DELICIOUS, guacamole, and homemade mexican rice. It was SO good. Dessert was one of the best things I've ever eaten and I've eaten a LOT of desserts. It came out of Every Day with Rachel Ray and it was called Raspberry Caramel Sundaes. I've never tasted a raspberry caramel sauce before and it was WORTH the little bit of effort it took to make. I will definitely make this again!!! Now to enjoy the clean feel of my house and the areas of my house that haven't been free of holiday decor since October!
Saturday, February 15, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yes I remember feeling the same way about eating all the good food and candy and how it was good to get to a point where there were no more holidays to lure me off my diet! Now I eat whatever I want all the time! ha
Post a Comment