Tonight I didn't feel like cooking at all. The kids were begging for donuts, but we weren't about to go out and get any so I got creative with what we had on hand. A waffle, some chocolate peanut butter, and sprinkles is all it took. They LOVED the faux donuts and I was excited that I provided them with a somewhat healthier alternative using what we had on hand!
In completely unrelated news, Elle and I have started the talk....the one most parents really don't look forward to but must do. At school next week, they will be watching a video about how body changes are just around the corner. I didn't want her to hear all of that for the first time from the nurse or some cheesy video so I ordered this book. I have absolutely loved this book for us to go through. It is spot on perfect for talking to your daughter about all kinds of stuff (not just the "embarrassing" stuff.) We have been reading about 20 minutes a day together and all is going well. If you have a daughter that is anywhere near this age, this is the PERFECT book! Shawn and I keep looking at each other and saying "We are not old enough to have a child that needs this talk!" And yet, it seems we are! Here we go!

1 comment:
Wow! I cannot believe what I am reading! No no no! She is not that old!
Post a Comment