My 5th year of tricking my family was very successful! It all started yesterday morning at breakfast. The girls were eating and I was writing out my grocery list and I very nonchalantly mentioned that I had read an article on the Internet recently that said scientist had done some research and figured out that dog food was actually healthy for people to eat. We all talked about how weird that was and how the scientist even came to the point that they wanted to study that. Ava piped up with "Well maybe it tastes kind of good." My April Fool's pre-work was complete. I left the conversation at that and we moved on to other topics.
This morning, when they woke up and came downstairs for breakfast they were in for their first prank. I like to call this Bone-Appetit!
The girls came downstairs and there were dog bowls at each person's place. I told them that after reading that article about dog food, I thought we should give it a try. I brought out the bag of dog food and eyes got big.
They thought I was officially crazy when I opened the dog food bag and started eating handfuls of dog food!
Then they REALLY thought I was crazy when I started pouring it into their dog bowls!
And to top off the crazy, I gave each of them a dog bone.
Ava's great about playing along and she immediately tried to eat the dog bone!
After a few minutes of refusing to eat her breakfast, Elle finally loosened up a little and tried eating the "dog food," like a dog!
About that time Levi woke up and we got to do the whole thing again! I love Ava's expression as she watches the trick unfold!
I only wish I knew what Levi was thinking when I started eating the dog food.
He DID NOT want anything to do with the "dog food." It took him at least 10 minutes to decide he would try it and that was after we explained the entire joke and that it really was just Cocoa Puffs!
Bone-Appetit!
Next was dinner: Chicken Not Pies
Something ain't quite right about this....
One of these is real pot pie and one of these is NOT.
This was one prank that was super yummy! Here's the set up for it.
I have to say, this April Fool's was different. I definitely got them on the dog food thing, but they were just too ready for dinner to be a prank. They did think for a split second that the pot pie was real but they figured it out way to quickly! I am either going to have to get sneakier or meaner....
















1 comment:
Very cute Emma! I was kinda disappointed today that no one played April Fools with me! Guess I am too wise or maybe too old! See you this weekend!
Post a Comment