On the last Friday of Summer, Shawn and I took the kids for a fun day. We started at Bartholomew Pool in Austin. It was worth the drive and $12 entrance fee.
The girls got to jump off a diving board for the first time ever and both loved it. I even did it a few times. After spending so much time at pools that don't go over 5 feet deep, it was nice to dive way down! Ava prefers to cannonball. Elle does what I call "The Pencil."
They had a wonderful area for pre-swimmers and Levi spent a lot of time on the frog slide.
They had floating lily pads and wood discs that you could walk across one of the pools on. Both girls really loved doing this.
They also had two great long waterslides that we went down over and over.
After spending a few hours at the pool, we wanted to take the kids to one of our favorite date night places, Gordough's. Everyone got to get the donut of their dreams.
The kids liked them, but not nearly as much as Shawn and I do. Obviously their palette isn't as refined as ours.
Summer 2014 is in the books!











No comments:
Post a Comment