Sunday, August 17, 2014

One week to go....

This summer just flew right by....up until about a week ago.  Then things started turning nasty real quick.  If the kids even get a scent of any of the others in their personal area, fights break out.  It's getting crazy in here and school needs to hurry up....and then at the same time, I don't want it to get here.  I love having all my chicks under my wing, but the fighting makes me want to push them out of the nest real fast.  We do have lots of fun times, lots of laughter, and their imaginations are awesome...but seriously is it time for school yet?  I had posted on facebook a few days ago about needing to bake and needing ice cream so I took care of that yesterday.   This is a Molten Lava Cookie with a scoop of good ol' vanilla ice cream on top.  

 I also bought some pumpkin pie mix and some pie shells and started melting my Scentsy Baked Apple Pie wax, so I'm willing Fall to arrive. 

I love working puzzles and pulled out one I'd bought a while back and started it.  In my entire life I've never worked a harder puzzle or taken so long to finish it...I probably spent 8 hours working on that puzzle and I'd say that at least 4 of those hours were spent solely on the tops of the trees.  This puzzle was a nightmare, but the more angry I got about how hard it was, the more determined I was to not let that thing conquer me.  Hopefully my girls saw some GRIT and will take that with them as school starts!  (As for me, I'll be a bit wiser in picking puzzles to do.)

We took this picture before church this morning.  I told them to act like how they felt about 7 days till school starting. lol

No comments: