Monday, August 25, 2014

What I Did Today

Levi and I made our traditional 1st day of school cookies for when the girls get home.

I cleaned and purged the kitchen island of all the games and puzzles that the kids are too old for, and put away all the games that have been littering my living room for the past three months.

I finished laundry....in one sitting....uninterrupted.

I finally cleaned the inside and the outside of the kitchen window, the glass of my shower and the inside of all the windows of the van.  Every single thing had 7,000 greasy fingerprints on it. It's nice to know that my eyesight isn't going bad, the windows just needed to be cleaned.

I organized the last three months of photos and they are now ready to be put in the photo album...but I'm saving that for tomorrow.

 We did have a few fails from this summer.  One of our goals had been to walk/run 26 miles over the course of the summer.  We did great until we got back from camp.  The weather wasn't pleasant and the kids were sleeping later so that meant if we did it, we had to do it in high heat....no thanks.  We did get 12 miles done though.  We didn't work on our USA project that we were halfway through last summer...didn't do a single page of it.  Really wanted to finish that.  I don't like unfinished projects...I'm thinking winter break and spring break we'll forge ahead and finish it.  We did however swim a whole lot, which was a goal since I bought a summer swim pass.  We also read A LOT.  Elle read 4 chapter books and Ava read or was read about 40 picture books and 3-4 short chapter books.  Levi was read about 50 books this summer!  Elle also retained her multiplication facts over the summer!  That was a relief!

I think I washed the beach towels for the last time...we might have one more swim during Labor Day....but I'm sure ready to put those things away and start Autumn dreaming...
It was a very productive first day of school.  I still have about 45 minutes until the girls come home.  I'm thinking seriously about doing nothing but watching TV and eating my third a chocolate chip cookie.

No comments: