Thursday, April 09, 2015

Negotiated 5th

I've been telling Levi for the last week that I was pretty sure I wasn't going to allow him to turn 5.  After much thought, we came up with a negotiation that I think works well for both of us.  I would allow him to turn five, if he would make sure he kept up with kisses, hugs and cuddles for me.  He agreed to the terms and yesterday, we went ahead with his birthday.  We kept things very low key yesterday since Levi is taking 2-3 breathing treatments per day right now and taking an antibiotic for an ear infection, causing him to have almost zero appetite.  Other than that, he got gifts, a bowl of icecream, and cards in the mail so to my brand new 5 year old child, it was a perfect birthday.

He requested donuts for breakfast...and then ate 2 or 3 small bites and was done.  His sisters were more than happy to swoop in and make quick work of the "leftover."

After the girls got home from school, he got right down to the business of posing for his traditional birthday picture in front of his sign and moving on to important things....gift getting.

Sometimes it's the small things that are most exciting.  He didn't ask for this fuzzy Ty animal...but every single time we went into Michaels, for months, as I stood in the check out line, he would go straight to this animal and play with it and loved it.  When I went to purchase it for his birthday, it was hidden behind a bunch of other Ty animals and was the only one there.  I'm pretty sure Levi had hidden it at some point.  

We always let the kids pick where they go to eat for their birthday, but since he was still having some fever and no appetite, we ordered in a pizza (which I think he ate one tiny bite of) and gave him icecream....which mysteriously, even with no appetite, he was able to eat all of.

Then we watched one of his birthday gifts, Wreck It Ralph, while taking a breathing treatment.  

Now to see if he holds up his end of the bargain with the kisses, hugs and cuddles....I'm pretty sure he will.

1 comment:

Hollee said...

I love that you posted all of the pictures with the probs in each! We go through exactly the same thing with every family picture we dare to take. Ugh! Great pictures though...all of them! :)