Saturday, August 19, 2017

Joy Ride

In keeping up with our annual back to school date, Shawn and I headed to Austin yesterday for what is one of my favorite dates yet!!!
We started at Rocket Electric Bikes and they are located super close to the trail that goes around Lady Bird Lake so we decided to ride that trail.  It was 12 miles longs but with electric bikes, I knew it wouldn't be too much of a challenge.



It was SO MUCH FUN!!!!  I would estimate that I peddled about 1/8 of a mile of the 12 miles!  I had the bike going as fast as it would most of the time and it was just plain fun!!!!

And then this place happened.  I did something I haven't done since elementary school....I wrecked the bike!!!  I was trying to turn around in a tight space with gravel and Shawn says he thinks I pulled back on the throttle accidentally and I just wiped out....like face to the ground wiped out.  Thankfully I wasn't really hurt and no one(I hope!) saw it.  I just got back up on the bike and was a little more careful with the turns!!!

A man from Denmark who had just moved here, took our picture!  I got to welcome him to Texas!

Super cool bike sculpture we saw along the way.

It took us a little over an hour to do the trail.  Then we headed to the first food truck we ever went to and one that we love dearly!!!  As usual it did not disappoint!

We finished the date with of course, Amy's.  No better way to end a date!

1 comment:

Jupers said...

Awww LOVE!