Tuesday, May 15, 2007

8 months old, mother's day, cutest kids in the world

I had to make the title long because I knew I'd have a lot of unrelated stuff in this post. So, here's the Stats on Miss Ava. She is 8 months old, weighs a whopping 16 lbs 1/2 ounce, and is 28 inches long. She has grown 3/4 of an inch and gained 10 1/2 ounces this month. She is doing wonderfully and we are excitedly anticipating when she will decide to attempt the thought of crawling! :)
Elle is doing great. We took some pictures of her in an outfit that Aunt Laura gave her for her bday. I thought it was the CUTEST thing in the world and she obviously felt cute because she was striking some serious poses. I am working on her ABC's with her and I'm already about to lose my mind and we are on the letter "B". Some days she's a sponge and others a piece of wax paper with water! Today was the wax paper day. She kept saying the first letter of the alphabet was "V". But I did get her to spell "ball" and she can also spell her first name and Ava's name...of course I cheated and made my children's names easy to spell! Here's a sample of the conversation we had this morning: " What is the letter after the b in ball? Elle says "V". I say no, the next letter in ball is the first letter of the alphabet. So she thinks and says "V". Then I say okay no, ummm....The first letter of the alphabet is A so what's the first letter of the alphabet? Elle replies "V". So, you see where the frustration is kicking in at this point. We went on like this for a good 10 minutes.

I had a wonderful Mother's Day. Truly I felt very at peace and blessed with my children this year. I feel so so so blessed to have these two girls. If I knew a 3rd one would be like these two I might consider it! We didn't do much on Sunday. We ate left-overs for lunch and then vegged the whole afternoon. It was nice. Yesterday we headed to Terrell to try to find some pants for me. It's a good problem, but I am down to one pair of jeans and one pair of khaki capris that fit. I am going to take all my other pants to an alteration place to see if they can make them a little smaller. I'm hoping that would be a lot cheaper than buying all new stuff and I hate trying to find clothes anyway. It's so frustrating! Especially with two children who are, I think, putting on a show for the store to see. They seem to smell the new clothes and it affects their brains. They get really loud, cry a lot and pretty much go berserk. All the while Shawn, poor Shawn, is trying to rein them in while I fly in and out of 20 pairs of pants in 4.7 seconds flat. Well, that's all for now. Enjoy the pictures. And enjoy your Tuesday...it feels like it should already be Friday!

5 comments:

Emily said...

now you know why I gave up. It was not worth the frustration I was putting myself through. Maybe at a later date.

Lesley said...

I don't know why but I really liked this post. I laughed a lot, especially the story about Elle and the letter "V." Maybe you should have named her Viv. Viv Montandon...pretty catchy! P.S. I wish it WAS Friday...then I would only have one week of school left.

Anonymous said...

I am with Lesley. I was laughing out loud. You guys should all put your talents and experiences together and write a book. I have felt like today was at least Wednesday but I would settled for Friday. At least it was pay day.

Lesley said...

I forgot to ask...did you get Ava to wave in that first picture or is that a coincidence?

Anonymous said...

Great stories! Love the pictures. Miss the kids! Emma you look fantastic and the kids are scrumptious enough to eat!!! Got to see you all soon. Mom