Friday, May 11, 2007

Early Mother's Day

I would rather do nothing for Mother's Day than battle the crowds in Greenville with 2 young children just to eat mediocre food served by overtired waiters. So, having said that, we did Mother's Day today! Shawn took me to Rockwall and we ate at On the Border (I got fajitas...very good!) and then we went shopping at Target and Gotta Scrap (my fav. scrapbook store.) We haven't been to Rockwall in a while so it was nice to get out of Greenville for the evening. I think Sunday we'll get some fast food and head home and get comfy while everyone else is crammed into the few restaurants we have!
Here's a funny Elle story. Elle wanted to chew some gum the other day and we said No. This is a reoccurring thing we go through numerous times each day. Anyway, she said Barbie can chew gum. Then she said "I'll be barbie" and Shawn asked her how she was going to do that. She went into her room and got a drum stick and pointed it at herself and said "Bibbity Bobbity Bo" and said she was now Barbie and could have some gum. Clever girl. Also, we decided 3 days ago that pull-ups were so unfashionable and that it was time to give it up! She had been sleeping in them for naps and bedtime. We quit them cold turkey. She has had 2 accidents but has made it 1 full night and for 2 naps totally dry! That is a big deal for her and us too. Pull ups are really expensive!
Ava is doing just wonderfully. She is happy happy happy. She is really waving at everyone now. We also think she said her first word a few days ago. Shawn was leaving for work and we were waving and saying bye-bye and once he walked out the door, she said "Bye." Who knows??? She has also started turning herself over in her crib and sleeping on her tummy. It is so cute when I go in to get her. She also sleeps with a teddy bear now and when I go in to get her, she is usually holding it or chewing it. She is VERY attached to me lately. If Shawn even walks towards me, she grabs a hold of me and buries her face in my neck. She does that with people at church too. She throws a fit if I leave the room, even if Shawn has her. It's endearing, but annoying also. I love to feel needed, but this is a little too clingy for me! She's also feeding herself sometimes and loves baby food still. She is a very fast eater. She has mastered the sippy cup quite well. She's drinking out of it really good, though she can't hold it on her own yet.
Tomorrow will be a pretty busy day for us. We have a friend who's having a college graduation party tomorrow afternoon, and then tomorrow nite is the Senior Banquet where we honor our seniors. There are 6 seniors participating this year. Should be a lot of fun and it's being catered by one of my fav. restaurants here.
Well, that's all for now. Maybe I'll post some pics tomorrow. Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey Emma - it's Lisa. I just wanted to say that I love, love, love Gotta Scrap! We lived in Rowlett for about 3 years, and that was my favorite place to go (and GS gift certificates were at the top of my list for birthdays, Christmas, etc.). My mother-in-law lives in Royse City, and I always make Clay stop in Rockwal when we go there. He just LOVES that! Just wanted to say thanks for reminding me of that sweet place with the 2 sweet sisters and good music. Hope you have a wonderful mother's day tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Emma sounds like you had a great day on Saturday. As a mother, the fact that you were remembered or thought of is the most important. I heard from my 3 great kids and that made my day. Elle is pretty clever. Did she get her gum?

love