Monday, May 07, 2007

Saturday Picnic
















Shawn did such a great thing on Saturday. We were all just ho-humming around the house because we were bored and had hours of time to fill and nothing to do. So, Shawn took the initiative to take us on a picnic. He got everything ready and packed it all up. All I had to do was gather the girls and get in the car. We headed to a roadside park about 10 miles down HWY 69. It was perfect. There was no one there and it was overcast with a nice breeze blowing. We had such a great time. I think besides all the yummy fruit Shawn cut up, our favorite part was lying on the quilt and watching the girls have such a great time. I didn't want our picnic to end, but alas, Ava said she'd had enough and was ready to go home and take a nap. Plus within about 5 minutes of leaving it started to rain. Thanks Shawn!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How awesome and fun. Way to go Shawn.

The Montandon's said...

How much fun was that?? Looks like the girls had fun, as well as mom and dad

Anonymous said...

What wonderful memories! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Why is this in a foreign language? Mom

emma said...

mom, that's the 2nd time you've seen my blog in a foreign language and you're the only one that does so I'm guessing it's your computer. very weird!

Emily said...

You guys would not have been bored in Arizona! The picnic looks like it was lots of fun.

emma said...

You're right! but we definately would have been more broke! :)

Lesley said...

What is everybody looking at in the picture where you're not facing the camera?

emma said...

pretty much a whole bunch of nothing....i mean there were flowers in front of us, but I just thought it would make a nice picture, instead of trying to get everyone to face the camera and smile! It was way easier to take this type of pic!

Anonymous said...

I figured it out...someone put it is Swedish! Must have been Dad but I do not think he knows how!!! Love, mom