Ava went to her 18 month check up this morning. She is growing great! She is now 32.5 inches tall and 23 lbs. She cooperated very well with the dr which is the first time I've ever witnessed that in the 4 years I've been taking children to the dr. It was a nice break. She only had to get one shot and she only cried for as long as it took me to pull her pants back up. The nurse there has been doing this for years and knows just how to distract them quickly. :) I love that this office gives the kids a book after their shots. Ava is beginning to repeat words we say in a semi understandable way. She can say "sorry" which comes in handy regularly now. She can say thank you, please, more, spoon, swing, rock, bible, pray, amen and a whole bunch of other things. She climbs on anything she can hike her leg up on. She is beginning to be interested in potty training. She knows she she's gone pee pee and likes to go to her potty and sit on it. One day she'll accidentally pee pee in the potty and I can't wait to see the look on her face. She has figured out how to pull a chair or step stool around and use it to reach stuff she's not suppose to! All things are right in the world if she can go swing, see a dog or cat, have her baby, read a book, eat a snack, or have her milk. She has the most wonderful disposition and I think she'll be the one in our family that makes everyone laugh.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
18 months....a few weeks late
Ava went to her 18 month check up this morning. She is growing great! She is now 32.5 inches tall and 23 lbs. She cooperated very well with the dr which is the first time I've ever witnessed that in the 4 years I've been taking children to the dr. It was a nice break. She only had to get one shot and she only cried for as long as it took me to pull her pants back up. The nurse there has been doing this for years and knows just how to distract them quickly. :) I love that this office gives the kids a book after their shots. Ava is beginning to repeat words we say in a semi understandable way. She can say "sorry" which comes in handy regularly now. She can say thank you, please, more, spoon, swing, rock, bible, pray, amen and a whole bunch of other things. She climbs on anything she can hike her leg up on. She is beginning to be interested in potty training. She knows she she's gone pee pee and likes to go to her potty and sit on it. One day she'll accidentally pee pee in the potty and I can't wait to see the look on her face. She has figured out how to pull a chair or step stool around and use it to reach stuff she's not suppose to! All things are right in the world if she can go swing, see a dog or cat, have her baby, read a book, eat a snack, or have her milk. She has the most wonderful disposition and I think she'll be the one in our family that makes everyone laugh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Those are so adorable. I'm glad we got to see y'all last week even if it was only for a couple hours. Hey, we've already seen you way more in the few months we've been back in Texas than in the entire time we were in AZ, so I'd say that's pretty good! I love Ava's expression on the second picture. Very cute.
She is just too cute. What can I say?
Post a Comment