Shawn drinks coffee every morning with a group of men and one of them mentioned that he had goats and a lot of them were having their babies this past week. Shawn asked if we could go out one morning with him to feed the goats. We had such a great time taking the girls to see all the animals and learn a few things about them.
Looking in the feeding trough after feeding time...licked clean!
This calf was concerned....he was trying to have a stare down contest with everyone.
Ava petting one on the newest babies.
I fell in love...I decided that if I get baby fever ever, I'm just going to go visit the baby goats at the farm. They are precious!

Oops! Ava fell in the feeding trough...thank goodness it wasn't eating time...those goats are all business when it's time to eat.
Here chickie chickie chickie! She wanted to pet a chicken so bad and she'd squat down and put her hands out and wiggle her fingers at them, but they didn't seem to inclined to come towards here.
Elle helping Mr. John bring the food to all the animals.
If I can just reach a little farther....
Ava bonding with a brand new baby....who doesn't seem too interested.
As we were leaving, Mr. John mentioned that every kid that had been out to the farm had dropped at least one egg...and as sure as he said that, Elle dropped her bucket of eggs and broke two. He thanked her for not ruining the running record of broken eggs.
Elle and Mr. John preparing a bottle for two of the babies whose mom had died a few days earlier.
They were SO much fun to feed.
Ava bonding with another "kid." Wonder what each of them were thinking?
Elle gathering a few eggs. We used one in our hamburgers yesterday.

4 comments:
I am jealous. That looks like so much fun. My girls would have had a blast too. I am glad you all got to go do that. We can't wait until you come see us.
Maybe Elle and Ave and need to go mother those two babies who lost their mom.
How sweet.
I think we need to hitch the pop-up camper and head down there for some good outdoor fun! BTW - my mom and I are still laughing about Ava eating ground raisins. Classic.
Come on down! Glad that at least someone is still laughing about the incident...I'm still dry heaving. Also there were more "raisins" at the farm, but luckily, they didn't get into her mouth this time....only to her hand.
Post a Comment