Monday, March 24, 2008

81 Snack Bags Later

I just finished divvying up all the candy the girls got for Easter and I used 81 snack bags to put them in! The reason I divvying it up, is that if I don't I will be hounded ruthlessly by Elle for candy every 7.9 seconds of the day. So the rule will be: one bag of candy per day, and you can have it whenever you want, but once it's gone, it's gone.
Thank goodness for self-timers!

Ava and her loot



Elle and her loot

Checking it all out....Ava is putting on her candy lipstick.


That pretty much tells you how Easter went....candy, candy and more candy. We had a nice Easter. The girls did wear their dresses and looked so cute. I wore some not-new clothes because it was too chilly for what I'd bought. At least I have a new outfit to look forward to on the first warm Sunday! After worship we invited a young couple that didn't have family in to come eat with us. By the time they left, it was way past nap time for the girls. After their naps we didn't have time to hunt Easter eggs so we did that today which worked out great because the weather was much better. Enjoy the pics!





Love this picture...so determined to find those eggs and her shirt is so thin you can see her belly button indention...so cute!


After finding exactly 7 eggs, Ava was done and wanted to swing the rest of the time. She LOVES to swing!

A girl after my own heart....a lot of eggs!


I think the reason that Elle didn't seem interested a few weekends ago about hunting eggs, is that she didn't get that it was a competition of sorts. We had tried not to mention the idea of competing to find the most eggs while we were with all the other kids because we didn't want her getting all upset if she only found a few. So, today we told her the real deal with hunting Easter eggs....that you want to get them all! She had a new found drive today to find those eggs!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

The girls look absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I love their dresses, and the family pic turned out nice. I put a pink shirt on Ethan Sunday morning and he said, "Aw man, pink is for girls." I'll be sure to show him Shawn's tie so he can see that men wear pink, too.

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. You guys always take such good family pictures. Can wait to see you. love