Monday, April 07, 2008

The ABC's: Allergies, Bonnets, and Coos


"Elle, how old are you about to be?"




Ava spotted a bug...big sis has taught her to fear bugs.


We've been dealing with allergies in my house for the last week, hence the lack of postings. Ava's allergies led to an ear infection which she's on antibiotics for. Elle is doing much better and sleeping well at night with no coughing anymore. I'm pretty good, though I cough as soon as the sun goes down and I've been singing bass when I can get a noise to actually come out of my mouth. I believe I've heard that Austin is the allergy capital of the US or maybe it's just Texas, but it ought to be the US. It's bad here...In other news, we went to a fun birthday party in Austin, for Shawn's cousin's son. He was turning 3 and the girls had a lot of fun. We went to a place called RadiJazz Playnasium. It was quite neat and something fun and different. Afterwards we went on a wild goose chase for a decent patch of bluebonnets. We ended up at Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center and were highly disappointed. Where there is usually a huge meadow of bluebonnets, there were a few measly patches. We headed home in defeat. Then, this morning after driving up our road over and over and seeing the bluebonnets near our house, I decided to see if they were photographable. They made the best pictures of the girls! It was overcast so the pictures turned out pretty good. Enjoy the pictures.
Lastly, I just have to say I'm so excited. I'm going to be an aunt again tomorrow to another girl! My sister in law is having baby girl #3 tomorrow sometime. They are headed here in a few weeks so I won't have to wait too long to meet Miss Lucy. Hope everyone is have a sneezeless day.

3 comments:

The Montandon's said...

Glad Elle's feeling better. We hope the rest of the family feels better fast.

Lauren Hope said...

love the bluebonnets. great pics.
more and more i think elle is looking like shawn - those long skinny legs! :) and ava is you.

Anonymous said...

Emma you always do such a great job with the pictures. Ava's hair is getting thick. Can't wait to see you guys. Elle Happy Birthday! I love you.