First, my sister spent COUNTLESS hours putting together this box for Elle. It is going to help Elle get ready for Kindergarten. It has activities for each letter of the alphabet, tracing, cutting, and gluing skills and lots of books to go along with the activities. I really appreciate what she did to put all of this together. By the way, it is SO cute! I think that it will not only prepare Elle for school, but will give us many opportunities to spend time together learning. That's invaluable.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Blood, Sweat and Tears
I just wanted to write a little post on 2 gifts that Elle got for her birthday. They both deserve recognition.
First, my sister spent COUNTLESS hours putting together this box for Elle. It is going to help Elle get ready for Kindergarten. It has activities for each letter of the alphabet, tracing, cutting, and gluing skills and lots of books to go along with the activities. I really appreciate what she did to put all of this together. By the way, it is SO cute! I think that it will not only prepare Elle for school, but will give us many opportunities to spend time together learning. That's invaluable.

The second gift Elle received was from my mom. Elle has always loved the movie Frosty the Snowman. It has kind of become a joke because every time, and I mean EVERY time we go to Nana and Poppies house, Elle asks to watch this movie and she's been doing that since she could utter anything resembling a word. She's addicted. So, my mom found this fabric that made a Frosty the Snowman cloth book. She decided to embellish it with buttons, beads and such. This project turned into a wee bit more than expected and by that I mean a monster project that took months. She said she sewed so many things on, that her fingers bled. It is such an amazing project. I LOVE sentimental gifts so this was so precious to me. It will be an heirloom and it means so much that my mom spent so many hours working on this.



First, my sister spent COUNTLESS hours putting together this box for Elle. It is going to help Elle get ready for Kindergarten. It has activities for each letter of the alphabet, tracing, cutting, and gluing skills and lots of books to go along with the activities. I really appreciate what she did to put all of this together. By the way, it is SO cute! I think that it will not only prepare Elle for school, but will give us many opportunities to spend time together learning. That's invaluable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What awesome presents! Elle is very lucky to have family that loves her enough to spend that kind of time on one of a kind gifts! Way to go Laura and grandma (don't remember your Mom's name, sorry).
My name is Nana! And thanks Emma for the recognition...Does Ava have a favorite theme because my hope is that Elle will grow out of this but maybe pass it down to her children do my memory can live a little while longer! Also one for Haydon...so Laura get to thinking! Love you all. Nana
Those are awesome gifts. Good job Laura and Nana. That makes my gift for Elle look really lame, but the girl can't just walk around naked all the time right?
Post a Comment