Friday, June 27, 2008

Open Wide

Elle had her first dentist appointment today. We have been attempting to prepare her for it. She doesn't take too kindly to doctory types of things and we were expecting a freak out session followed by a referral to a pediatric dentist. Our insurance only lets kids go to the pedi dentist if they totally freak out at the regular one. So, we were prepared. We showed her everything we could think of that they would do. We talked about it a lot and acted like it would be the funnest thing she's done in a long time....it must have worked. She was so psyched to go today! And the excitement continued! They were able to do all x-rays and clean her teeth! We couldn't believe it. I haven't been that proud in a long time! I could barely contain my joy for her calmness and "maturity." I was so excited that I even agreed to go to CiCi's pizza and that's saying a lot because I abhor that place! Anyway, here's some pics of her first trip to the dentist! By the way, the dr. said her teeth looked wonderful, she has a great bite, and didn't have any plaque. :)

Just a little nervous...

Seeing what all the instruments do.



Holding on for dear life, but not fussing a bit.


Talking with the dr.


Her new toothbrush...and it has Ariel on it...she's very proud of it.

We caught her trying to floss on the way to lunch...funny...she ending up just licking the taste off the floss.
Showing off her pearly whites.

3 comments:

Shawn said...

I am so proud of her also, not to mention the fact that she is pretty proud of herself.

Lesley said...

Way to go Elle! I'm proud of her.

Anonymous said...

Wow Elle, I am impressed. I don't even like to go to the dentist. Way to go. Keep that beautiful smile going.

love you,