Monday, October 06, 2008

Staving off boredom

Here is what we did in the "off time" from Friday to Wednesday. We are simple folk who are easily entertained by simple things.

Even though it was a vacation, Shawn never gets to fully rest from working on sermons!
Snugglin on the porch swing
Coloring at the kitchen table
Cutting wood for the fireplace
And gathering the wood
working on gymnastics
Learning to play the guitar....I can pick out "Clementine"

Cutting grass the old fashioned way


Playing the guitar for the girls...they LOVED it!
Shawn and my nightly addiction. We played every card game we knew while there: Phase 10, Uno, Old Maid, and Go Fish. We also each had a drink we drank every single night. I had a Mexican hot chocolate with whip cream on top and a sprinkle of cinnamon and Shawn had straight coffee.
Daily morning rock on the porch swing

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks so relaxing! And I'm digging the couches and the pink stove.

Anonymous said...

What memories....you will laugh about the things that aggrevated you the most some day...say 30 years from now! Love the pics...wish I was there now. Mom