Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Country Livin'

While I was in Tyler, Shawn found a little gem of a fishing hole. Someone at church has a house that backs up to a small river and it's teeming with perch and a few bass. The owner has told us to come out whenever we want! Well okay! After dinner last night, we hopped in the car and headed there for an impromptu fishing trip. We all had a WONDERFUL time! It's the perfect spot to take the girls because just about every time we put the bait in the water, we caught something! Ava has officially caught her first fish now! We also got to see a gaggle of geese that honked more than any I've ever seen before. Seriously, like carrying on for 15 minutes! We saw a group of longhorns too that were VERY friendly...almost to the point of scaring us, but we were assured that they were only friendly. We also saw a water snake of some sorts which freaked me out. It was a great evening!

The first cast






The first fish!



Ava had an obsession with poking the fish


Love this expression!


Mommy's first fish!!! It has been a L O N G time since I caught a fish and it wasn't because I wasn't trying!



More fish-looking and pokin.


Ava's official first fish!


Don't judge the chin....that was the daddy longhorn and he was ginormous! Can you tell how excited Ava was to be that close?


An added bonus; the man's cat had kittens two days ago!!! They were precious!!!

Packing up and heading home. After this picture was taken, Ava insisted on putting the tackle box in the back of the van by herself. It was so helpful when she turned it upside down to get it in there. Shawn and I just looked at each other.

4 comments:

the campbell family said...

Country girls are the best kind...maybe Ava should give Riley lessons, he won't even TOUCH the fish, much less poke at it for entertainment!

Lisa said...

This looks like so much fun...I really don't know what Rachel would do fishing, but I have a feeling it would have something to do with an upturned tackle box. Your girls are getting so many fun and different experiences. Hope your ears weren't burning earlier this week - Andy called and we were talking about you guys. Have a great rest of the week.

Krista said...

Hey guys. I haven't checked in in a while so it has been fun catching up. I absolutely love all the pictures you post. I especially love the ones a post or two back of the kids with the flowers.
5 or 6 kids are coming to Blue Haven this year. Will ya'll be there?

Anonymous said...

Dad will love these pictures! I still remember a picture of you about Ava's age with a fish about that size and then I remember a picture of you with about a 12 pounder! What great memories you all are making. Mom