
Today held lots of new adventures and a few old favorites. We started the day by going to the hospital where I will deliver. We preregistered and took a short tour with the girls. The rooms are huge, the walls are freshly painted, the floors are new, and there's lot of natural light in every room. Very nice indeed. It was weird though because there was only one mommy and baby on the whole floor, which can hold 22 women....but Shawn reminded me that just down the road in Round Rock, there are 3 large hospitals within a few miles of each other so maybe the one here isn't quite as busy all the time. Works for me. Being there, made me wish my water would break NOW. I kept hoping it would before I left, but no such luck. I laughed when the lady giving us the tour informed me that siblings weren't allowed to stay overnight with new mommies. I told her that this was a vacation for me and that I would have no problem complying with the hospitals rules. Next, since today was so rainy, we headed home and the girls got to watch one of my very favorite movies of all times; The Neverending Story. They both really really liked it. Yeah! After the movie, we had about 15 minutes before Shawn came home for lunch, so I repainted their toenails. Elle picked pink with glitter and Ava picked purple with glitter. They always feel so fancy after they get their toes painted. After naps, we headed to Gattiland, where on Tuesday night, all games are half price. We ate some nasty over-priced pizza and headed to the gameroom. We let them play just about anything they wanted. We also had a free ticket for the bumper cars. Elle has never been big enough for the cars, until now. I was really interested to see how she would handle it. She loved it! She and Shawn rode them and she did a great job bumping into him and taking a few hits too! She was so proud of herself for trying something new. After we couldn't take the sensory overload another second, we turned in our tickets and true to form, Elle got a Polly Pocket doll that cost 575 tickets and Ava got 2 suckers that cost a total of 20 tickets. They were both happy as could be. :) We let them attempt sleeping in their tent again tonite and this time we gave them flashlights which kept them preoccupied for at least 45 minutes. Finally, they started bickering and we knew that meant it was time to go to sleep. They didn't put up much of a fight. What another full day it has been. Hoping tomorrow is more low key, because my energy level is plummeting like a rock! Who knows what tomorrow will bring....
3 comments:
I have never noticed this before, but those girls have your EXACT feet. I know this because I looked at your previous post. :)
Beautiful Feet...
Love,
Papaw
Love those sparkly toes!
Post a Comment