Monday, March 15, 2010

Campy Stuff

What a great and L O N G day it has been. We started today with making blueberry muffins together....cooking with my girls is an exercise in patience but we all made it through and the muffins were so good. Then we got ready and headed to Target for a few nesting essentials. After that I took the girls to a playground they had never been to before and won mother of the year for letting them play there for a full hour. Then we headed to IKEA to eat lunch just because we had never done it before. Another thing to mark off the list of to do's. If you haven't ever eaten there, save yourself and eat anywhere else. Better choices, better tastes, and cheaper prices at just about anywhere else you choose....but remember, it was all for the children. Anyway, then it was naptime and after that we headed to our favorite fishing spot. We caught a total of 5 perch and the girls showed me that they were no longer afraid to pick up worms. That made me more proud than just about anything else! Next we continued the outdoorsy theme with hot dogs for dinner, followed by stove top S'mores. They were delish. Last, we surprised the girls with a new tent just for them. While they took baths, I set it up in their room and they went crazy when they saw it set up. They couldn't comprehend that we had done that and that they were allowed to sleep in it all night if they wanted. I will say though, that as I write this, 40 minutes after putting them to bed, they are both in their own beds sleeping...I don't blame them. The idea of tent camping is fun, but actually sleeping on the ground, not so much. I am sure they will have hours of fun tomorrow as they pretend all kinds of stuff in the tent. Okay so that was our Monday...I'm exhausted but ready for whatever new adventures find us tomorrow!


Who said girls are always girly?

Serenity....

Making S'Mores


Daddy's the last one at the campfire setting his marshmallow on fire.

In the new tent!

1 comment:

the campbell family said...

They will touch worms now, but will YOU touch fish without the help of gloves? Tim still laughs at that picture!