Saturday, March 06, 2010

Downpour

Today was my baby shower. It was wonderful. Words just don't do justice to how loved and cared I feel after today. My hostesses made me feel extremely cared about and special as well as all the women who took time out of their busy weekend to spend a few hours with a hot and tired preggie. The hostesses did make it worth everyone's time. We had a DELICIOUS table of all kinds of fingerfoods, the cutest cake ever that matched the invitations, and lots of fun games, not to mention just a great time fellowshipping without testosterone interference. Now, reality sets in...the party is through and now it's time to finish getting the nest ready, finished baking the bun in the oven, and prepare to start life as a family of FIVE! Thank you Lord for my blessings!


My amazing hostesses--they worked so hard and it showed!

The family...my s.i.l., mom, me, sister, nephew, m.i.l. and my two little rascals, who were SO EXCITED to come to a girls only shower!! Ava did ask before we went, "How are we all going to fit in the bathroom?"....for the shower...not that kind baby.

The cake! So yummy and SO CUTE!

A surprise from the congregation and hostessses....a money wreath!



All the cards and my blue toenails, painted in honor of Levi.

The loot on display!!!
This is the last baby shower for me and as I told Shawn, I went out with a BANG! What a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

I had fun too. Your hostesses did a great job. I will have to run really far tomorrow.

I'm glad you got so much stuff, but I'm even more glad that it is so apparent that Levi has so many people surrounding him that love him already...not to mention his awesome parents! I can hardly wait to meet him.

Lauren Hope said...

don't forget, you have my gift coming too! :)
so glad you had a wonderful day. thought about you and wished so bad i could be there.
you deserved every bit of goodness in your day.