Friday, May 28, 2010

Class of 2022

My Elle went and grew up this year, and specifically today! She started off a Kindergartner and before we could even each lunch, she was a 1st grader! I would like to commend myself for not crying too much at the graduation ceremony. It helped that the slide show kept messing up and we couldn't hear the songs the whole time so that kept me from losing it totally. I could not have imagined a smoother year that this one. All of my fears and anxieties about my children starting school were completely wiped out by her wonderful teacher. I asked the teacher if she'd please stick around to get my other two through Kindergartner and she said that her college-aged daughter had just decided to go to vet school, so yes, she'd be teaching for a lot longer. Ha ha! After Elle's graduation we checked her out for the rest of the day as did most of the other parents. We let her pick where she wanted to go for lunch and Hallelujah! she didn't pick CiCi's or Mikey D's...she picked Applebee's! After we ate, we ordered dessert, which NEVER happens! This was such a wonderful day and now we can look forward to all kinds of adventures this summer. Way to go Elle-bell!



1 comment:

the campbell family said...

Congratulations Elle! Tell her we're so proud of her and all the awesome things she accomplished this year :) I'm glad she had such a fantastic teacher, it makes kindergarten so much easier on the parents!