His daily schedule is something like this: I wake him up around 8 am and feed him. It takes him around 45 minutes to eat...life has gotten very slow for me and I pretty much can't get anything else done right now. I am reading books like crazy though so there's a positive. Then after he eats, he can only manage about another 10-20 minutes of being awake before the yawning begins. Then I put him down for a nap. Most of the time I then wake him up when it's been three hours from the time I woke him up last. This goes on all day until his last scheduled feeding which happens around 10:30 pm. After that, I let him wake himself up. He has gone as long as about 4 hours at night, but mostly goes about 3 1/2 before waking to eat again. Needless to say, I'll be really excited when I'm getting more than 3 hours of sleep at a time! I am full out sleep deprived at this time. I can barely hold a real conversation, I have a hard time making a decision about anything and last night I even put a carton of some delicious icecream that I had eaten in the frig instead of the freezer....GASP! I have dark circles under my eyes for the first time ever...looks really pretty with my pasty white skin. lol Anyway, from experience I know that every day will get a little bit better. I also do look so forward to when he does wake up each time because he's getting easier to snuggle. He's around 8 lbs 3 oz at this point which is great! That means he's gained 1 lb 5 oz in the first month.

3 days old

1 month old...what a difference a month makes!
Onto Mother's Day. I woke up to a beautiful rose and some pretty cute cards. The girls were so excited for me to see the card they got. They got me a gift certificate to a local salon and day spa which I'll be using ASAP! We all got ready for church, which was Levi's first Sunday, took a few cute pictures and headed that way. Levi did really well for church and so did the girls. I am thankful that others are willing to sit on the same row as us and help with Ava. I had to hold Levi all during church so my hands were out of service for her. I fed him at the beginning of the service and then he slept through the whole sermon! It was wonderful. Then our friends took us out to lunch at Red Lobster (YIPPIE!) and he slept through almost the entire thing. It was wonderful!!! Lunch was delicious and we even got dessert which is such a luxury! Then we headed home and it was Levi's nap time so we put him down and he actually didn't fuss at all about it so I took advantage and crashed too. It was wonderful. The girls were napping, Levi was napping, Shawn was studying and I was able to actually rest for a while. He woke up just in time for me to feed him before leaving for afternoon services and that was nice. Anyway, my day was quite peaceful and that's really all I could want at this point. Rest!
A mommy of THREE!!!
Here's the shirt Levi wore for his 1st Sunday...I thought it was only appropriate that he wore a tie like his daddy...and with pink in it! Stylin' from the very beginning. (and his expression cracks me up in this pic!)
Two of a kind 
3 comments:
2 handsome boys in their ties...just doesn't get any better than that :) and the girls look as beautiful as always, especially the one called momma!
How cute the two boys are! Love,Mom
How cute the two boys are! Love,Mom
Post a Comment