Friday, May 07, 2010

Mother's Day Tea

Thursday at Elle's school, the kindergartners were doing a Mother's Day Tea. I was so excited to go to her school alone with her and spend some time together. She was extremely excited to show me all the surprises that she had worked so hard on in preparation for the big day. It was so sweet to be there with her and see how proud she was of what she had made me. I will forever cherish all the things she made me. I am a total sucker for sentimental items and now I have a whole bunch of new things to file away. Her teacher did a phenomenal job with preparing everything and with all the little gifts each mom received. I have really changed my perspective on Mother's Day in the last 6 years. I used to want presents and objects. Now all I want are sentimental things and fun times with my kids, for Mother's Day. Of course, a little pampering and sleep would be nice too. Each of my kids is so important to me. Elle made me a mom and showed me how wonderful little girls could be. Ava made me a patient mom and allowed me to see the wonder in the small things. Levi gave me one last chance to love on a baby and a new perspective as well .

The picture that Elle painted for me. I love this kind of stuff!

4 comments:

Angie said...

How sweet Emma! Elle clearly received the artistic blessing as well, that painting is awesome! Happy early Mother's Day!!!!

Lauren Hope said...

that picture is really good!

Jupers said...

How sweet...I still have some of the things you and Laura and Niko made for me too! Love, Mom

Jupers said...

Emma you look fab! I think you got even more beautiful after Levi!!!