I'm always on the hunt for a new interesting crafty thing that both Ava and I can do together...sometimes those are hard to come by. But, the other day I had a $5 off a $5 purchase coupon at JoAnn's(SCORE!) so I went hunting for a "luxury" item--yes, some craft items are necessities and some are luxuries. I found a package of Shrink Film, the stuff they use to make Shrinky Dinks. (I put the link because if you are like my husband, you have no earthly idea what those are) I was working on another project and thought this might just be what I could use so I got it. Well, it worked for my other project and I had a lot of sheets left over so Ava and I got down to business today making some owls. That is what she said she wanted to make and I was giddy because I love owls. I really really got courageous and let her use permanent markers, without making her strip to her skivvies. After we colored them, we watched them shrink up in the oven and when they came out they were SO STINKIN CUTE! We put them on the window sill in the kitchen so they could watch over us and now I've got the itch to draw more things! Ava was quite impressed too :)
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Shawn, you grew up in the '80s and don't know what shrinky dinks are???? That's crazy!
Cute owls!
Another little artist in the making! Love, Nana
Post a Comment