Thursday, May 05, 2011

The Beginning of the End

This is the month of countdowns...it's the countdown to summer which I'm super excited about, and the countdown to our anniversary trip as well as camp! I am so ready for summer to be here, but I have learned that now that I have one in school, summer F L I E S by and before we know it, we're getting school supplies and making sure we have clothes to fit a growing little girl. This fall, Ava will be going to a Tues/Thurs Mother's Day out program also. We are both VERY excited about this! Onto blog updates. I think I'll start with what happened farthest back and work my way up to the present. It's only been about 1 1/2 weeks since I blogged, but I feel like I have lots of little things to update. I organized a play date right after Easter after realizing there are quite a few stay-at-home moms around and we all have kids that are very close in age. There were 6 kids in all and 2 start kindergarten this year and the other 4 will start next year! The kids had a wonderful time and I'd be lying if I said this play date wasn't for selfish reasons too. The mommies all had a great time hanging out and just getting to talk about girl things! It was great and all the kids played well together. Here are a few pictures. I think we'll try to do this at least once a month as see how it goes.


After they had been playing outside for a while, it started raining so I thought that would be a good time for a little movie. It made for a great picture, but surprisingly, they only watched a few minutes of the movie and then they were on to other adventures!

Without me knowing, Ava started painting the girls' fingernails. YIKES!


You can never go wrong with popsicles. I bought a box of 100 just in case.....



After Levi got up from his nap, all the kids were outside. I love this picture!

No comments: