So my girls can't swim. They sink like lead. But not before swallowing a gallon of water on the way down. And, we can't have that this summer. I officially don't have enough arms to hold all three non-swimmers and have any fun at all at the pool. So, I signed them up for swim lessons. Today marked the end of the first week and they have one more week to go. They absolutely LOVE taking these swim lessons. I can tell that they are getting more confident in the water, though I'm not getting my hopes up that they will be able to swim by next Thursday. I'm not sure what I'll do after that because I just do not have the money to give them more lessons. I can only hope they are much closer to the ability and will pick up the rest at the pool...but still that is going to be too nerve-wracking if they are still sinking like lead. We'll see. Today they worked on pushing off from the side of the pool and swimming forward. There was a lot of water swallowed, but I'm proud to say, no tears shed. They love their instructor and he is absolutely awesome with them. We'll see how next week goes....prayers are appreciated for the techniques of swimming to click before these lessons are over!




No comments:
Post a Comment