Thursday, May 05, 2011

Clowning around

Saturday, I had a garage sale. We made $137. This is just about enough to pay for one night in the hotel we're staying in when we go to San Antonio. I chose to look at this as positive! I'm doing a very short garage sale again this Saturday to try to sell the rest of the stuff. We have plans at 9:30 so I think I'll have it from 7-9. We'll see how well we do! While I was doing the garage sale, Shawn took the girls and a friend to a circus performance taking place at the library. They said the clown was truly hilarious. Shawn said they had to leave after some of the acrobats came out because the clothes were so immodest that it was awkward for him and our girls. The first thing they said when they came home was "those people were wearing inappropriate clothes!" I'm so glad we are instilling this at a young age....maybe the teens years won't be such a fight at least in that area. Anyway, that had a wonderful time and brought back some flavored kettle corn that was really delicious! After the garage sale was over, we took all of the change from our change jar and cashed it in to go towards the San Antonio trip. Here's the breakdown of what we had and the total. Pennies-$25.28 Nickles-$8.50 Dimes-$35.80 Quarters-$82.50 Dollar coins-$10 with a total of $162.08!!! N I C E!



No comments: