Yesterday, I ran my first 5K and we did our first real mud race! Of course this is all in preparation for the upcoming Tough Mudder...which is 4 times longer than this! whoa! Anyway, we had a great time with our little team. It was exhausting and tiring and I'm pretty sure I was the weakest link, but I guess someone has to be the last on the team. I still had a great time and now I can see exactly where I need to do more work.....everywhere. lol
Before the race...we took a nap standing up. Okay, this was the only photo of us...it's bad...but it's proof. And just for th record, it's almost impossible for me to keep my eyes open in broad daylight without my sunglasses on!
Sherry, who watched my kids while we raced:), caught us by surprise waiting at one of the last obstacles. All my kiddos were cheering us on as we came out of the water. It was just the inspiration we needed to push to the end!
Going under barbed wire...the bad part was all the sticker burrs at the bottom of the water that we were putting our hands in...OUCH!
We made it!!! So proud of our team!!!!
My workout buddy...we did couch to 5K at the same time and really kept each other going...we will continue to encourage each other alllll the way to TOUGH MUDDER!!!
High 5's all around!
No comments:
Post a Comment